I know it’s a little late to be starting a book-a-week challenge for 2018, but some of the reading challenges are so easy to complete that you could easily read 2-3 books per week.
Rules for this challenge:
- Books CAN be Re-Reads. Just try to limit yourself so you aren’t just re-reading throughout this whole challenge. Let’s get those TBR’s down!
- No Duplicates. You can’t read one book and mark off 4 different categories.
Now before I get on with the fun list, here are a few links to help you save some money. (Since this is totally an excuse to buy new books. 😉 )
Ebates – Ebates is a website where you get paid to shop. I know, sounds too good to be true. Ebates gets a commission for sending its members to retailer’s websites and they share that commission with us. This link will give you $10 back off of your first purchase of $25 or more! Best part, They partner with over 1,800 stores! Including DisneyStore, Etsy, eBay, Barns&Noble, Society6 and so, so many more.
So far I’ve earned nearly $90 for using Ebates. It doesn’t sound like a lot but it’s a nice little chunk that gets put in my PayPal after the Holidays.
BookOutlet – BookOutlet is a great place to get NEW books for a fraction of the cost. They also have Scratch and Dent books for even cheaper. (I recently got a Hardback Box set of the Lunar Chronicles for $13. Just the corners and one of the sides were a little banged up.) And free shipping with a $35 order. With this link, you’ll get a $10 coupon when you spend $25!!!
Book Depository – This is the best place to get international book cover and have it shipped to the U.S. I’ve personally bought all of the 20th Anniversary U.K. Harry Potter series with the new covers. And they are just beautiful ❤ And free shipping WORLDWIDE to boot!
Thrift Book– Get Used books that are in good condition starting at $3.79! And free shipping when you spend over $10! Ten. Dollars. So inexpensive!
*using these links gives me a small kickback 😉
And now, on to the fun stuff!
📖 52 Book Reading Challenge 📖
- A book that was published the year you were born
- A book recommended by a friend
- A book recommended by a parent
- A book that’s out of print
- A book with 500+ pages
- A book you chose because of the cover
- A favorite book from your childhood
- A book that was made into a movie that you HAVEN’T seen
- A book that was made into a move that you HAVE seen
- A book published in your State
- A Sequel
- A biography
- A book that’s been on your shelf for over 1 year
- A book that’s been on your shelf for over 3 years
- A book with Pirates in it
- A book with Knights in it
- A book with Witches in it
- A book with War in it
- A book with Royalty in it
- A book set in the future
- Book set over 100+ years ago
- A book you read in school
- A book you gave up on
- A book you could read in a day
- A book that’s part of a trilogy
- A book with your favorite color on the spine
- Your Hogwarts House Color on the spine (brownie points for it not being a Harry Potter book!)
- A book with your first and last initial in the title (If this is impossible, try just using one initial)
- A book you “Splurged” on
- A book that is considered to be “Middle Grade”
- A book that was first written in a different language
- A classic
- A book by your favorite Author
- A book that is based on a true story
- A children’s book
- A book with a character that has your same name (or at least very close to it)
- A book that was mentioned in a TV Show or Movie
- A fairytale Re-telling
- A collection of short stories
- An Audio Book
- A book that was released in January 2018
- A book that was released in February 2018
- A book that was released in March 2018
- A book that was released in April 2018
- A book that was released in May 2018
- A book that was released in June 2018
- A book that was released in July 2018
- A book that was released in August 2018
- A book that was released in September 2018
- A book that was released in October 2018
- A book that was released in November 2018
- A book that was released in December 2018
And here’s a couple pages where you can fill out what book you read for each category.
I’ve really been lacking in the reading department lately. All I’ve been doing is reading Avengers fan fiction.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’ve included the dates I finished each book. I think it will be fun to look back and see when I finished each book.
So far I’ve finished Challenge:
36. A book with a character that has your same name (or at least very close to it)
40. An Audiobook
41. A book that was released in January 2018
I hope y’all enjoy the reading challenge that I’m starting! Let me know if you want to challenge yourself this year too!
Much Love and Happy Adventures!